The practical choice for food waste disposal
Our smallest waste disposal, ideal for small or single person households, the M Series Model 46 grinds non-recyclable waste food into tiny particles, which then pass into your kitchen drainage system.
Grind all types of food waste – from fruit and vegetable scraps to chicken and fish bones and bread crusts – at the touch of a button with the Model 46 waste disposal unit.
Reducing the need for frequent trips downstairs our outside to the bin, plus all but eliminating unpleasant odours in your home from waste food scraps, a Model 46 is an invaluable addition to your kitchen. Whether you are clearing away the leftovers from your dinner or you need to dispose of your unused vegetables or salad at the end of the week, saving time and effort with a waste disposal unit.
Quick and easy to install with our Quick Lock mounting system, the compact size of the waste disposal ensures it will fit beneath even the smallest sinks, even when cupboard space is at a premium.
The InSinkErator M Series Model 46 waste disposal unit features 1 stage continuous grind technology powered by a high torque Dura Drive motor, which quickly and hygienically grinds all your waste food, reducing the amount that heads to landfill.
To operate your M Series Model 46 sink waste disposal unit, simply:
- Turn on your cold water tap
- Press the air switch button
- Push any waste food into the sink plug hole
With no sharp knives or blades, the Model 46 is a safe addition to your kitchen. Your food waste is simply pressed against a the stainless steel grind plate, then the food particles are pushed through small holes in the baffle, into your drainage system.
The Model 46 can grind most food waste, but it’s advised you do not attempt to dispose of fibrous material such as banana peels or avocado skins, as this may damage the mechanism of your waste disposal. Never attempt to dispose of fat, oil, glass or crockery.
The optional air switch mechanism can be situated on either your kitchen worktop or inside a cupboard, for optimum convenience.
When your food waste disposer is not in use, the handy chrome sink stopper can be placed over the opening of the grind chamber.
You don’t need to worry about overfilling your waste disposal, as the overload protection feature ensures you can only place a suitable amount of food waste into the 980 ml capacity grind chamber.
The simple installation process ensures you can either install the Model 46 into your existing sink space or into a new kitchen with ease.
Reduce the time you spend disposing of food waste and kitchen scraps with an M Series Model 46 waste disposal unit. With a 2 year manufacturer’s guarantee as standard, you can buy your Model 46 waste disposal with confidence.
- 1 stage stainless steel grinding system
- Quiet sound reduction technology
- .55 hp
- Built-in air switch
- Plastic stopper
- Large capacity (980ml) grinding chamber
- Made in USA
- 2 year parts and labour warranty
- Basic sound reduction technology
- Type of Feed: Continuous
- On/Off Control: Wall Switch or Built-In Air Switch
- Motor: Single Phase
- Time Rating: Intermittent
- Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
- Shipping Weight (Approx.): 7.7 kg
- Overall Height: 319 mm
- Grind Technology: 1-Stage Grind Technology
- Grind Chamber Capacity: 980 ml
- Average Water Usage: Approximately 4.0 L per Person per Day
- Average Electrical Usage: 3-4 KWH per Annum
- Drain Connection: 1-1/2″ (3.81 cm)
- Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes