The practical choice for food waste disposal
Reduce the amount of food waste that heads to your kitchen bin with an InSinkErator M Series Model 56 waste disposal unit.
At the touch of a button, the powerful mechanism grinds the food waste into tiny particles, which are then simply flushed away into your drainage system, ensuring you won’t have any unpleasant smells or unsightly waste scraps in your kitchen bin. Whether you are clearing away the remnants of a family lunch, disposing of the food scraps from an evening meal, or emptying your fridge of any unused salad or vegetables at the end of the week, the Model 56 will quickly, cleanly and hygienically grind your waste food scraps.
Able to grind most food waste, from chicken and fish bones to bread crusts, fruit cores and vegetable peelings, the Model 56 is ideal for small to medium households which produce a moderate volume of food waste. It’s advised not to dispose of fibrous material such as banana skins, as this may damage the mechanism of the waste disposal.
Quick and easy to install with our Quick Lock mounting system, the Model 56 is designed to fit under even the smallest sinks, thanks to its compact design. All you need is a power source and suitable plumbing.
Powered by a high-torque Dura Drive induction motor with stainless steel grind elements, the continuous feed mechanism and one-stage grind technology of the Model 56 waste disposal unit breaks down your waste food quickly and efficiently. With no sharp blades to worry about, the Model 56 waste disposer is a safe addition to any kitchen.
To operate your M Series Model 56 sink waste disposal unit, simply:
- Turn on your cold water tap
- Press the air switch button
- Push any waste food into the sink plug hole
You don’t need to worry about overfilling your waste disposal thanks to the overload protection feature, which ensures you can only place a suitable amount of waste food into the 980 ml capacity grind chamber. The durable plastic sink stopper conceals the waste disposer when it is not in use.
Finished in classic chrome, the air switch button will match most kitchen decor styles. Where you situate the air switch button is up to you, as it can be easily placed on your kitchen worktop or inside a cupboard, for optimum ease of operation.
Quieter than standard waste disposal models, the removable sound baffle reduces the amount of noise the Model 56 makes whilst grinding down your waste food, ensuring minimal disruption in your kitchen, whether you are entertaining or cooking for the family.
The 3 year manufacturer’s warranty ensures you can choose your InSinkErator Model 56 waste disposal unit with ultimate confidence.
For a hygienic, efficient and time-saving addition to your kitchen, choose an M Series Model 56 waste disposal unit.
- 1 stage stainless steel grinding system
- Quiet sound reduction technology
- .55 hp
- Built-in air switch
- Plastic stopper
- Large capacity (980ml) grinding chamber
- Basic sound reduction technology
- Removable easy-clean sound baffle
- Made in USA
- 3 years parts and labour warranty
- Type of Feed: Continuous
- On/Off Control: Built-In Air Switch
- Motor: Single Phase
- Time Rating: Intermittent
- Lubrication: Permanently Lubricated Upper & Lower Bearings
- Shipping Weight (Approx.): 8.1 kg
- Overall Height: 318 mm
- Grind Technology: 1-Stage Grind Technology
- Grind Chamber Capacity: 980 ml
- Average Water Usage: Approximately 4.0 L per Person per Day
- Average Electrical Usage: 3-4 KWH per Annum
- Drain Connection: 1-1/2″ (3.81 cm)
- Dishwasher Drain Connection: Yes